Best Crossovers in Basketball: Advice From Pros
The crossover – one of basic ways to outrun of the rival by means of dribbling. Its essence consists in that during dribbling sharply to change the direction of the movement (often by means of a deceptive feint). The forward gets advantage because the defender needs time to be arranged and be in time for attacking, or it “is conducted” on the deceptive movement. Despite the simplicity, it is very difficult to make the cool crossover on a platform therefore today we also will share important councils for its training.
Crossover variations at the moment exists very much. In particular, Wikipedia allocates 4 main types, someone is more, someone is less. In fact, each player can invent the unique cross-country, depending on features of dribbling and movement on a glade. The essence remains former: the maximum swing of the opponent by means of wide move during maintaining, application of deceptive movements and use of the received space for attack of a ring. Most often after the crossover make pass under a ring or a throw (including after a back). It is also necessary to add that the crossover can be used both against a zone, and against personal guardianship.
Success of the crossover in many respects depends on how it is carried out. Certainly, it is much easier to shake the two-meter clodhopper, than the mobile defender, but high-speed dribbling, work of feet and coordination of a body predetermine its efficiency concerning any opponent. Remember cool tricks of children from And1 which can put easily on the fifth point even the most tenacious defender, or ankle breakers in NBA. The crossover by right should be considered as the main way of an outplay of the rival one in one on an arch therefore we collected the main councils for his performance from skilled players and trainers.
- Fast dribbling – pledge of the successful crossover. Constantly work on dribbling, improve the translations between feet and behind the back. During commission of a deceptive feint and the movement to the opposite side there is a huge risk of that the ball will be in close proximity to the rival and it will simply beat out it.
- Transfer of body weight. Deceptive maneuver will work only if it is executed is most realistic. Therefore, it is important to transfer the weight of all body to the necessary party that the opponent “was bought”. The Dribbling here and there or other floor dancing’s before the player are senseless while it remains on a place. Attack aside with transfer of body weight will force any defender to believe instinctively that you intend to go to that party. Remains things are easy: sharp attack in an opposite direction and attack!
- Supporting leg – a weak place of the opponent. The matter is that the defender is less mobile just towards that foot which is basic. Let’s assume, it leans on the left foot. To begin the movement to the left, it is necessary to release the left foot, having transferred weight to the right. It will demand an extra time and efforts on coordination that it is possible to use effectively. Shake the opponent properly a series of deceptive movements, and then break towards a supporting leg.
- Create space. To make the good crossover at very dense (close) guardianship of the opponent it is almost unreal. The defender can as take away a ball on maintaining, and the case to block your further movements. Recede back, make display on a throw (if did not begin maintaining yet), imitate power pass with a sharp stop. It will allow to win the necessary centimeters and to start performance of the crossover. By the way, if the defender was strongly pasted to you, it is possible to do without crossover, and to go to usual pass with the good first step.
- Improvise. Often basketball players perfectly know the friend to the friend, or, at least, quickly adapt to features of game of the opponent: a strong left hand, streetball dribbling or work as shoulders during an the move. Knowing such features of forwards it is much easier to build competent protection. Therefore, fill up an arsenal of the deceptive movements, do not do identical crossovers; the word, play unconventionally.
We sum up the results. The crossover is the main way beat your opponent one on one on the basketball court. By means of a deceptive feint the player sharply changes the direction of the movement and beats the opponent. The crossover is very difficult element therefore its working off will require a lot of time and game practice. professionals recommend to work actively with dribbling, to transfer the weight of the body, to use a weak foot of the opponent (basic), to use as much as possible space and to improvise more. Forward to sit down defenders on …